The comb is not just a grooming tool used for detangling messy hair, but it is also quite effective in massaging the scalp and stimulating blood flow to the scalp. Therefore, combing your hair could give you healthy hair. Choosing the right kind of comb is essential as specific combs are designed to serve specific purposes. However, as a result of different combing mistakes, both men and women can suffer hair loss. To avoid this, one should detangle their hair with a comb from the midsection to the tips. Then, run the comb from the root to the tips. It will reduce the chances of hair fall Important combing tips to get healthy hair Here are the few tips that can help you get healthy hair:
- Comb before shampoo A vital tip for combing is using a comb before shampooing your hair. It will reduce the chances of hair fall during the shower. While shampooing, apply the product at the roots and massage it to clean the scalp. After rinsing off the shampoo, you can apply conditioner and then rinse it off. While drying your hair, avoid using a towel. Squeeze the excess water from the hair and wrap a cotton t-shirt around it. This step will cause fewer tangles and thereby lead to less hair fall.
- Do not comb wet hair Despite combing before shampoo and gently drying the hair, one can still get tangles. Additionally, wet hair is vulnerable and prone to breakage if you apply too much pressure. Therefore, it is advisable not to comb wet hair. Rather, detangle them with your fingers and then use a wide tooth comb. It will reduce the chance of breakage.
- Comb after applying a leave-in conditioner Leave-in conditioners do not require a rinse off. They help in adding moisture to the hair shaft and make them soft. In this condition, it is easier to detangle the hair with a comb, causing almost no breakage.
- Always start at the tips Be it dry hair, damp hair or wet hair, always start with the tips. First, with fingers and then with a comb, gently detangle the tips of the hair and make your way upwards. When the hair from the midsection to the tips is free of tangles, use the comb till the roots. If one starts the detangling process from the root, it will cause more breakage.
- Use the correct comb Choosing the right product is essential for getting healthy hair. If one uses a fine tooth comb for detangling, it will lead to breakage. A rat tail comb or pin tail comb is used for parting the hair which makes it easier to provide extra nourishment to the scalp in the form of essential oils. Other combs may not make it so easy to part the hair, and therefore, it is not advisable to use them for such purposes. A wooden comb is the best choice for massaging the scalp and stimulating blood circulation. They also prevent any scratches on the scalp which a plastic comb may cause.
The comb is an essential part of a person’s daily routine. However, combing mistakes can do more harm than good.